Maybe You Be Jack!

In a stubborn mood , I can be an inspiration for any ass , but some mules still love me.

THINGS I'VE HEARD

‎"If you need to shave, and you still collect baseball cards, you're gay. If you're a kid, the cards are keepsakes of your idols. If you're a grown man, they're pictures of men."

FEATURED TITLES

TLA

Search for a Movie at tlavideo.com
Search For:

COMMON SENSE

YUM

YUM
Don't Let It Get Away!

Sunday, March 2, 2008

BEOWULF

I watched BEOWULF early this morning.I can say it is not a boring movie.You may recall another movie by this filmmaker The Polar Express well while I enjoyed that movie the style of computer filming made the kids look awful creepy.Robert Zemeckis uses the same style in this film but with greater success.The people look much more real.It is a entertaining film based on an old 3000 plus or minus line poem written around 700 AD.It is unknown who wrote the poem.It is the foundation for our modern hero myths such as Conan the Barbarian and King Arthur.I was somewhat impressed how the writers of the film version were able to fill the plot holes of the poem and bring it together.I am a fan of poetry and had always thought as did many scholars that this one didn't weave together a solid story.It is not what they left out of the story but what they added that amazed me.It made sense and worked for me.They filled the gaps of the story very nice.If there is one word to describe what this movie is about it is TEMPTATION.Then the CONSEQUENCES that follow.I also liked that the nudity was equal between male and female so no matter what your taste you can get an eyeful.

No comments: