Maybe You Be Jack!

In a stubborn mood , I can be an inspiration for any ass , but some mules still love me.

THINGS I'VE HEARD

‎"If you need to shave, and you still collect baseball cards, you're gay. If you're a kid, the cards are keepsakes of your idols. If you're a grown man, they're pictures of men."

FEATURED TITLES

TLA

Search for a Movie at tlavideo.com
Search For:

COMMON SENSE

YUM

YUM
Don't Let It Get Away!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

SMALL TOWN GAY BAR : mississippi hate


Quite a few years ago when I was in the Army about to finish my 10 years of military service stationed at Fort Rucker Alabama I would travel often through Mississippi to Arkansas to visit Family.One time when I had received news that my father had died from a heart attack I was rushing to my Grandparents house and when going through a small town in Mississippi I came up to a rest area and dashed in to relieve myself as I had been drinking coffee non-stop.While I was in the rest room the people who lived across from the rest area came over with baseball bats and beat my windshield in with bats shattering the glass into small fragments but still holding together making it virtually impossible to see out of.It was one of the scariest moments of my life.I was sent on a wild goose chase to find a police constable or whatever they call them there and went down long dirt roads into what seemed hell to get a police report and when I finally found his house all decked out in the standard hate flags and such he told me (thinking I was some straight military person) that I had made the mistake of stopping at The Fruit Stand.To be honest I don't know for sure but I think I was more scared at the small town Mississippi cops house than inside the rest room listening to my car's windows be beat in.SMALL TOWN GAY BAR is a well done documentary movie about growing up gay in those same small towns with small minded hateful people.I highly suggest you see this film.It is a moving and insightful documentation of a few of the bars and the struggles of their survivals and demises.

No comments: